Sunday, July 17, 2011

Military Academy Question?

I have always wanted to go to a military academy, specifically the Air Force Academy, but I don't think that I can get the grades needed to get in. I got a 3.3 my freshmen year because I didn't take school seriously, and then sophomore year I was taking A.P. and Honors courses but I cut too much weight during wrestling season and my grades were severely affected. So for Sophomore year I finished with a 3.0. I'm going into Junior year now and lets assume I get a 4.0. I'm not taking any really tough classes except physics and pre-calc advanced, and I get A's in math so this shouldn't be a problem. This leaves me with a 3.4 overall, which is no where near what is required to get into and academy. I'm a varsity wrestler that lettered as a freshmen and a captain of my team. I also volunteer at the veteran's hospital. For a project I sold american flags with plaques under them where people could have loved ones names who had died serving our country. I then, with the help of the town, lined a major street with theses flags. Assuming i get the recommendation from a congressman and score high on my SAT, do I still have a chance of getting onto an academy? Going to an academy is my only option and if I don't get in I will do ROTC at another college and then apply again. Oh and I also went to Boys State. Thanks for the help in advance its killing me thinking about it and I just want to know the truth I have a feeling that my guidance Councillor is lying to me because she doesn't want me to give up. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment