Sunday, July 17, 2011

Will a court ordered medical stay for depression/suicidal show up in a "Secret" Background check?

It was a long time ago and I was told at the time that it wouldn't affect me in the future (I had even told some of the nurses I was planning on joining the military someday). Long story short, it was a one time event due to medicine I shouldn't have even been on. I'm already processing one med waiver for a shoulder problem so another would pretty much bar me from enlistment. I am going into the Air Guard and all the jobs I want require a "Secret" clearance. I think that it doesn't show up on a criminal background check from what I have been told, instead it would show up in medical records which are hard to obtain (even after you sign the paper that says they can view them). Soooo as long as the depression is NEVER again a problem (which it WON'T BE!) do you think I have a lil bit of hope on it passing?

No comments:

Post a Comment